- At this time of year the verges are carpeted in flowers, late afternoon on the edge of Marshwood Vale
- Trees fill out with leaves and rapid growth everywhere swallows up the village buildings once more, approaching Hilton
- A typical bright May day, approaching the market place in Blandford Forum
- Cow parsley edges the lanes with white and everywhere the vegetation is luxuriant, on a lane leading to Melcombe Bingham
- Feeding on the new grass, grazing cows on Fontmell Down, Melbury Hill in the distance
The pictures of Dorset in May in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982004 John Allen