- A bright start to the month, enjoyed on the beach at Bournemouth
- Across the county the fields of Oilseed Rape (Brassica napus) turn vivid yellow, as in this field near The Fleet
- Woodland floors are carpeted with Bluebells (Endymion non-scriptus), Pamphill near Wimborne
- The edges of coastal cliffs are tinged pink with the flowers of Thrift (Armeria maritima), on the summit of Golden Cap
- And everywhere the colours in the scenery saturate recently refurbished farmhouse on Holt Common
The pictures of Dorset in May in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen