- Stooks of wheat dry in one of the all too few spells of sunshine experienced this month
- But even on overcast days it is still possible to have fun fishing for blennies and crabs along the coast
- Or exploring inland, this giant Ammonite was created by the Dorset Pottery Group to celebrate the Second Millenium, now on display at Bridport Arts Centre
- Late summer evenings would not be complete without the sound of resounding 'thwacks' coming from village games of cricket, savoured here at Colehill
- The high altitude of the sun and late evenings at this time of year combine to shed a rare ray of sunlight onto the north-facing façade of the Bastard brothers' house in Blandford, built in 1732, and standing opposite the 1760 memorial to the fire that razed Blandford to the ground
The pictures of Dorset in July in this gallery were captured at high resolution.
All photographs copyright © 19982003 John Allen